In the study, the research team measured vascular function by digital volume pulse (DVP), and collected blood at baseline, 1, 3 and 6 hours in order to investigate effects on cytokine production. Urine was also analysed for phenolic metabolites.
The team reported that DVP-stiffness index and ex vivo IL-8 production were significantly reduced
after consumption of OLE compared to the control.
This adds to the growing body of evidence that OLE has a number of health benefits and seems to be particularly useful for cardiovascular health parameters.
Click HERE to subscribe to Know Guff.
Source: Secoiridoids delivered as olive leaf extract induce acute improvements in human vascular function and reduction of an inflammatory cytokine: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial
- Olive Leaf Extract Improves Insulin Sensitivity
- Olive Leaf Extract Lowers Blood Pressure as Much as Medications
- Olive Oil for Blood Vessel Health
- Olive Oil Reduces Risk of Stroke
- Olive Oil Compound May Help Clear β-Amyloid in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Nuts & Olive Oil Better Than Drugs for Cardiovascular Disease
- Certain Foods in Mediterranean Diet Leads to Better Cognitive Function