Now back to the regular program... here are two nutrients I discussed in my book (Life), and this study shows it can reduce the cognitive decline seen in Parkinson's patients. In this study, researchers sought to investigate the effect of creatine and coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) combination therapy on mild cognitive impairment (MCI) in Parkinson's disease (PD; PD-MCI)
The demographic data of 75 PD-MCI patients who enrolled in this collaborative PD study were collected. These patients were evaluated using the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS) III and the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA).
These 75 patients were then randomly treated with 5 g creatine monohydrate (twice daily) and 100 mg of CoQ10 (three times daily), or placebo. MoCA evaluation was performed after 12 and 18 months of treatment and the results showed statistically significant differences in the MoCA scores between those who got the combination therapy vs. the placebo group
This lead to the conclusion, "combination therapy with creatine and CoQ10 could delay the decline of cognitive function in PD-MCI patients and ... therefore, this combination therapy may have a neuroprotective function."
Want to learn more about creatine or CoQ10 and how these nutrients can benefit Parkinson's disease and cognitive function? Well then, here comes another shameless plug... make sure you pick up a copy of Life: The Epic Story of Our Mitochondria. :)
Click HERE to subscribe to Know Guff.
Source: The Effect of Creatine and Coenzyme Q10 Combination Therapy on Mild Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease
- High Dose CoQ10 for Parkinson's Disease
- Smoking to Prevent Parkinson's Disease?
- Curcumin May Prevent Parkinson's Disease
- MCT Oil Helps Prevent Brain Ageing
- Coffee Can Reduce Parkinson's Disease Risk (Depending on Your Genes)
- Mannitol and Iron for Parkinson's Disease
- CoQ10 May Reverse Cognitive Deficits in Menopause
- Physical Activity and CoQ10 Status in our Elders
- Tiny Study Confirms CoQ10 for Fibromyalgia
- CoQ10 Benefits Multiple Sclerosis
- CoQ10 as Good as Pharmaceuticals for Heart Failure
- Will Ubiquinol Slow the Progression of ALS?
- Ubiquinol Improves Semen for Infertile Men
- Ubiquinol (Reduced CoQ10) May Improve Blood Sugar
- CoQ10 for Brain/Head Trauma
- CoQ10 a Potential Therapy for Alzheimer's Disease
- CoQ10 for Migraine Prevention in Children & Teens
- C-Sections May Have Negative Brain Health Consequences