In this new study, PQQ administration showed a number of benefits, including antioxidant effects, lower inflammation, and improved mitochondrial function.
It was a small study, but it's purpose was to show the benefits from animal studies can be translated to human health, which it did. I hope larger trials are on the horizon to give this interesting nutrient its chance to shine.
For many reading this, you may have not heard of PQQ...but now that you have, I'm sure you'll start to see it everywhere. Make friends with PQQ, because I predict future research will show it's like CoQ10--good for basically everything!
Click HERE to subscribe to Know Guff.
Source: Dietary pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) alters indicators of inflammation and mitochondrial-related metabolism in human subjects.
- Artificial Blue Colours a Hazard to Children & Men
- Ubiquinol the Newest Aid for Olympic Athletes?
- Biochemistry Behind Health Benefits of Meditation, Yoga, Prayer
- Statin Drugs Negate the Benefits of Exercise
- L-Carnitine Improves Behaviour in Autistic Kids
- L-Carnitine May Protect Mitochondrial Function in Liver
- Eating Chocolate Keeps You Slim
- Dark Chocolate Enhances Physical Endurance