Previously, a study using MegaNatural-BP found blood-pressure lowering effects at doses as low as 150 mg per day. However, in this study the dose was 300 mg daily. After eight weeks of daily supplementation, systolic BP came down by 8 mmHg and diastolic by 5 mmHg.
Although this was small study, it was well-designed (randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled) study, and the placebo group didn't see any blood pressure effects.
There you have it...a short and sweet post--for all you busy people, including me.
Source: Effect of Grape Seed Extract on Blood Pressure in Subjects with Pre-Hypertension
Click HERE to subscribe to Know Guff by email
- Dark Chocolate Reduces Blood Pressure as much as Prescription Drugs
- Dark Chocolate for Blood Pressure and Cardiovascular Health
- Four Meta-Analyses Confirm Chocolate's Benefit on Blood Pressure
- Olive Leaf Extract Lowers Blood Pressure as Much as Medications
- Berries Prevent Stiffness in Arteries
- Magnesium for High Blood Pressure