In this new study, the researchers recruited 28 overweight (but otherwise healthy) participants for their study. The subjects were randomly assigned to consume yogurt containing one of two probiotic strains, or a "control yogurt" without additional probiotics for 43 days.
Results showed that total fat mass decreased by 3-4% for the two probiotic yogurts, but only by 1% for in the control group, which were all statistically significant compared to baseline values.
Source: Lactobacillus fermentum and Lactobacillus amylovorus as probiotics alter body adiposity and gut microflora in healthy persons
Click HERE for all posts related to probiotics.
- Gut Bacteria Improve Fat Absorption
- Probiotics Improve Nutrient Absorption from Food
- The Human Microbiome Project Publishes Its Findings
- C-Section Doubles Risk of Obesity
- Heat-Killed Probiotics May Benefit Metabolic Syndrome
- Probiotics Lower Cholesterol Levels