This study found that exposure to low vitamin D concentrations in utero was associated with less muscle mass and higher insulin resistence in children.
In my opinion, I feel pregnant women should supplement with at least 2000 IU (50 mcg) daily of vitamin D3. I also highly recommend vitamin K2 as an excellent complementary nutrient.
- Vitamin D Improves β-Cell Function in Diabetes
- American Kids Not Getting Enough Vitamin D
- Vitamin D Reduces Muscle Pain and Inflammation from Cholesterol-Lowering Statin Drugs
- Vitamin D with Calcium Reduces the Risk of Falls
- Low Vitamin D Levels Linked to Low Semen Quality and Fertility Problems
Click HERE to subscribe to Know Guff by email